The download link leads to a binary for your OS with the simplified (write-only) interface. For the standard interface and other platforms, check out the repository.
The application is Open Source and free as in free beer! Licensed under MIT license.
- download one of the usbimager_*.zip archives from the repo for your desktop (less than 192 Kilobytes each)
- extract to: C:\Program Files (Windows), /Applications (MacOS) or /usr (Linux)
- Open Source and MIT licensed
- Portable executable, no installation needed, just extract the archives
- Small. Really small, few kilobytes only, yet has no dependencies
- No privacy concerns nor advertisements like with etch*r, fully GDPR compatible
- Minimalist, multilingual, native interface on all platforms
- Tries to be bullet-proof and avoids overwriting of the system disk
- Makes synchronized writes, that is, all data is on disk when the progressbar reaches 100%
- Can verify writing by comparing the disk to the image
- Can read raw disk images: .img, .bin, .raw, .iso, .dd, etc.
- Can read compressed images on-the-fly: .gz, .bz2, .xz, .zst
- Can read archives on-the-fly: .zip (PKZIP and ZIP64), .zzz (ZZZip), .tar, .cpio, .pax *
- Can create backups in raw and ZStandard compressed format
- Can send images to microcontrollers over serial line
- Available in 17 languages